Scott's interview, below:
1) What is your name, and who are you?
My name is Scott, and I am adventurer that never stops learning.
2) How do you know Kate?
I’m the lucky man she chose to be her husband.
3) Tell me about a typical day in your life.
Most mornings I get up at 6:11 AM make my lunch & Coffee and go to work. On Mondays I have a meeting at 5:30 AM which is an awesome way to start the week! I’ve been taking a study class for my PE Licensing exam that takes place on Mondays & Wednesdays from 6-9PM in Schaumburg and get home around 10PM. On Thursday I have guitar class which is really fun.
4) What’s the most challenging part of your life (could be a pet peeve, a work or family issue, whatever).
I live in the second worst city for drivers in the U.S.; I spend two hours of my day in stop & go traffic.
5) What are you likely to be doing at 8pm on a Saturday night?
Hopefully tossing back a cold a one.
6) Paint me a picture of your life in five years.
I’d like to own my own home, be in the same shape that I’m in now or better, get my motorcycle license, build a giant Adirondack chair.
7) If you could be given any gift, what would it be?
8) What part of your morning routine do you consider essential?
I definitely like taking shower to wake up.
9) What one deceased person would you like an hour with?
Hemingway, I’ve loved every book that I’ve read and he seems to have lived a pretty exciting life.
10) If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go and why? Have you been there before?
I would go to Australia to scuba dive with Great White Sharks, no I’ve never been.
11) You have ten minutes to give a speech to college seniors. What do you talk about?
I’d do some research and give the students actual salaries and expected work lifestyles for as many careers as I could.
12) What is your all-time favorite song?
The Beatle's Abbey Road: Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, The End
13) If you weren’t in your current occupation, what would you like to do?
I’d like to purchase a boat and teach scuba diving lessons somewhere tropical. I’d even make the lunches for my students.
14) Tell me about your family.
You already know about my beautiful wife. My sister is currently going to school in NY; my little brother is away at school in Normal, IL. My parents live about 15min away and many of my extended family members live in the Chicago Area.
15) What do you “know now” that you wish you “knew then”?
My senior year of college we were offered to stay for a year and a half and get our masters. I wish I would have stayed.
If you'd like to be part of the Interesting Person Interview Series, please email your answers to email@example.com.