1) What is your name, and who are you?
Shawn Steil, husband to Jenifer, recent retiree from UPS and owner/operator of Renovations with Steil.
2) How do you know Kate?
She was part of the package deal (her mother's words) I was fortunate enough to receive when I fell in love with Jenifer.
3) Tell me about a typical day in your life.
I left typical behind when I retired form UPS. Every day is now a blessing.
4) What’s the most challenging part of your life (could be a pet peeve, a work or family issue, whatever).
Living too far from my children.
5) What are you likely to be doing at 8pm on a Saturday night?
Saturday night is usually date night so I am enjoying the company of my best friend.
6) Paint me a picture of your life in five years.
Hopefully living closer to my children, hanging with my honey and remodelling homes.
7) If you could be given any gift, what would it be?
Insight...........not everything comes with age.
8) What part of your morning routine do you consider essential?
Kissing my best friend "good morning".
9) What one deceased person would you like an hour with?
My Mom, for those who know me you know why.
10) If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go and why? Have you been there before?Australia is still calling me. Miles of beaches to walk with my best friend. No.
11) You have ten minutes to give a speech to college seniors. What do you talk about?You get what you earn, live your life with passion and integrity.
12) What is your all-time favorite song?I don't have an all-time favorite............I have some sentimental favorites with Jen.
13) If you weren’t in your current occupation, what would you like to do?Teach history
Youngest of five Steil children. Married to my best friend, father of eight, grandfather of six. Grateful member of the Rank clan..
15) What do you “know now” that you wish you “knew then”?Savor the moments every chance you can, life goes by very quickly.
If you'd like to be part of the Interesting Person Interview Series, please email your answers to theyearofthekate at gmail.com.