I was perusing Pinterest, and came across a recipe for cheesecake stuffed strawberries and I thought - PERFECT. Problem solved.
I used the recipe on Iowa Girl Eats as an inspiration, and used it almost exactly (I only used 2 sheets of graham crackers, and had some left over).
- 2 pounds strawberries (there's about 24 strawberries in each 2-pound container, so you can increase or decrease the recipe depending upon how many strawberries you have... for a party of 20 people, I did four pounds of strawberries, but we had so many other sweets that I ended up with a lot left over).
- 8 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 full sheets graham crackers, crushed
- Wash the strawberries well, and pat dry with a towel.
- Cut the tops off the strawberries, and cut out the white insides. (If you want a lot of cheesecake in each bite, hollow more of the insides... if you want less cheesecake, leave more of the insides).
- Crush the graham crackers, and put them in to a bowl. Then dip the top of each stuffed strawberry in to the graham cracker crumbs, covering the top of the strawberry.
I made several batches of these as testers before the party, and found that you can easily make the cream cheese / sugar / vanilla mixture the night before. Similarly, you could crush the graham crackers and cut the strawberries in advance, and simply assemble the day that you want to serve.