It has recently come to my attention that I am, by probably every defition, an adult.
Afterall, I haven't lived with my parents for seven years, and I pay all of my own bills. I'm also closer to 30 then 20 (!), and about to become a wife(!!).
Even still, I don't feel like an adult. I feel like I'm practically a college kid.
That begs the question: When are you officially an adult?
Here is my (very unofficial & slightly in jest) barometer:
- When you have no one to split the cable bill with
- When you stop getting carded at the liquor store
- When you have a washer and dryer... in UNIT
- When you are able to keep plants alive
- When you make your own dental appointments... and keep them
- When dinner preparation requires more then pushing the timer on the microwave
Am I missing any?